Keto fish roe cakes
February 21, 2019
: 20 min
: 10 min
: 30 min
- 200g fish roe (i used perch roe)
- 30g onion, chopped
- 60g extra virgin olive oil (half into the mixture, half for frying)
- 20g Potex (resistant potato fibre)
- 70-100g 20% sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 100g same fish fillet (can leave it out)
- 10g fresh herbs (dill, parsley etc)
- Salt and freshly grounded black pepper to taste
- Some extra potex or other keto suitable flour for crusting
- Step 1 Wash the fish roe and clean the membranes from it.
- Step 2 Fry the roe and chopped onion with olive oil for couple of minutes. Set it aside and let it cool.
- Step 3 In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, add the roe-onion mixture, sourcream, Potex, half of the olive oil and season it well.
- Step 4 Make small patties with wet hands and roll in extra Potex or some other low carb flour.
- Step 5 Fry them in olive oil from both sides until golden.
- Step 6 Serve with fresh salad or vegetable wok and garnish with extra sour cream.
NUTRITION (per 100g)
Total Fat 18g
Fat Percentage 74%
Net Carbohydrates 1g
* Fat percentage will be higher if sidedish is made with oil, e.g. vegetable wok