Vegan borcht with beans
March 31, 2019
: 30 min
: 15 min
: 45 min
- 30g beans (kidney etc)
- 30g beet, diced
- 30g potatoe, diced
- 30g (red) carrot, diced
- 30g (red) cabbage, finely sliced
- 20g onion, chopped
- 30g celery, sliced
- 10g garlic
- 20g extra virgin olive oil
- (Fresh) turmeric, sweet pepper powder, Tamari sauce, miso paste, garlic, laurel leaves, piment, Himalayan salt, freshly ground black pepper.
- 150g vegetable broth
- 10g fresh herbs to garnish with (parsley, dill)
- Step 1 Let the beans soak over night. Rinse and boil until tender.
- Step 2 In a large pot heat the olive oil, add the onions and saute for 2 minutes until softened. Add the carrot, stir and cook for another few minutes before adding the cabbage and beets. Then add garlic and potatoes
- Step 3 When veggies are still bit crunchy add spices and vegetable broth
- Step 4 Bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer until the vegetables are all almost tender. Do not overboil the veggies.
- Step 5 Serve with fresh herbs and vegan sour cream (e.g. Oatly sour cream) if desired.