Lentil and vegetable hotpot
March 31, 2019
: 15 min
: 30 min
: 45 min
- 50g lentils (red, green etc)
- 50g pumpkin, diced
- 40g potatoe, diced
- 40g carrot, diced
- 20g celery, sliced
- 30g tomato, chopped
- 20g onion, chopped
- 10g garlic
- 10g extra virgin olive oil
- Tomatoe paste, Miso paste, soy sauce, (fresh) turmeric, curry, Himalayan salt, freshly ground black pepper, sweet pepper powder to taste
- 5-10g fresh herbs to garnish with
- Step 1 Soak the lentils at least for an hour, rinse well and boil until medium.
- Step 2 Prepare the veggies and chop into bigger pieces.
- Step 3 Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and gently fry for a minute until slightly softened. Add the carrot, pumpkin and potatoe along with a pinch of salt and a good grind of pepper and gently fry for couple of minutes until medium.
- Step 4 Then add celery, spices, tomatoes, pastes and soy sauce.
- Step 5 Finally add in lentils.
- Step 6 Garnish with fresh herbs.