Buckwheat porridge with roasted mushrooms and onions
April 1, 2019
: 10 min
: 30 min
: 40 min
- 60g organic raw white buckwheat
- 10g extra virgin olive oil
- 20g onion, sliced
- 20g mushrooms, sliced
- 30g carrot, sliced (optional)
- Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- 5g fresh herbs (parsley, dill etc) to garnish with
- Step 1 To cook buckwheat, at first genlt roast the groats with some olive oil in the pot. Then add water (1 part buckwheat groats and 1 1/2 parts of water) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and continue to cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Set the buckwheat aside to cool.
- Step 2 Roast the mushrooms and onions for 2 minutes with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Serve the buckwheat with roasted vegetables, herbs and cucumber.