Colourful Thai noodle salad with peanut butter dressing
April 1, 2019
: 15 min
: 5 min
: 20 min
- 20g rice noodles (dry)
- 40g colourful (purple, orange, yellow) carrots, julienned
- 40g colourful (red, orange, yellow) sweet pepper, sliced
- 40g raw mango, julienned
- 30g cucumber, julienned
- Sesame seeds and fresh coriander to garnish with
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- juice of 1/2 lime
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 tbsp water, as needed
- Step 1 First, prepare the dressing. Grate the ginger and chop the garlic and put in a small bowl.
- Step 2 Then add all the ingredients except the water.
- Step 3 Whisk the ingredients together until a thick, uniform sauce is formed.
- Step 4 Add water, as needed, until you have reached desired consistency. The sauce can be thicker or more liquid.
- Step 5 Prepare the rice noodles according to package instructions until al dente. Do not overcook! Drain and rinse well with cold water, sprinkle with some olive oil and set aside.
- Step 6 Add all the fresh prepared ingredients to a large salad bowl and toss well to combine.
- Step 7 Transfer noodles to the salad bowl and gently toss. Drizzle with the salad dressing and toss again.
- Step 8 Garnish with additional fresh herbs, red chilies, and sesame seeds, if desired.