Tricolor Keto Panna Cotta
December 9, 2018
: 1 hr
: 1 hr
- 200g coconut milk (i use Santa Maria Extra Creamy Coconut Milk)
- 50g cream ( i used Oatly oat cream)
- 10-15g erythritol (or some other natural low carb sweetener)
- 20g dark chocolate (no sugar added or with stevia/erythritol)
- 2 1/4 sheets of gelatin
- 40g mixed berries (raspberry, blackcurrant etc)
- 5g coconut oil or MCT oil
- Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Step 1 Soak gelatin in cool water for 10 – 15 mins until it’s softened.
- Step 2 In a small saucepan, add coconut milk, cream, sweetener, salt and vanilla (pod or extract). Cook at medium heat, stir continuously until you see steam coming out, try to not boil.
- Step 3 Pour half of the mixture into another saucepan and put aside.
- Step 4 Stir in one soaked gelatin leaf and mix well. Divide the mixture into two glasses, let cool to room temperature then put them into the freezer for at least 10 minutes or until the panna cotta is set. You can also put them into fridge, but then it takes more time to harden.
- Step 5 Puree berries and warm them up a bit (not very hot, then it loses it`s nutritional value) in little saucepan so the soaked gelatin would melt. Add the 1/4 leaf of gelatin to the berries and let it cool at room temperature, only then pour onto the vanilla layer. Put back to the freezer.
- Step 6 Add chocolate (or cocoa powder) into the other falf of the mixture, heat a bit if necessary and mix it well. Then add second gelatin leaf, mix it well. If the berry layer is hardened a bit, the chocolate mixture can be added. Place the desserts in the fridge over night or at least for three hours.
NUTRITION (per 100g)
Energy 178 kcal
Total Fat 17g
Fat Percentage 85%
Net Carbohydrates 3,7g