Black Forest keto cake with sour cream
January 1, 2019
: 90 min
: 60 min
: 2 hr 30 min
- Sponge cake (3 layers):
- 225g sour cream
- 225g butter
- 100g low carb sweetener (i used Sukrin Icing Sugar)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75g cocoa powder
- 225g almond flour
- 75g sesame (or coconut) flour
- 4g baking powder
- 60g warm water
- 5 eggs
- 600g sour cream (20%)
- 200g whipping cream
- 80g low carb sweetener (i used Sukrin Icing Sugar)
- 5 gelatine leafs
- Salt to taste
- Vanilla powder
- 1 lemon zest
- 400g frozen pitted cherries
- 70g low carb sweetener (i used Sukrin Icing Sugar)
- Bit of cherry vodka or rum, if wanted
200g dark chocolate (without added sugar), some berries and gold dust powder for decorating
- Step 1 Sponge cake layers:
- Step 2 Preheat the oven to 170°C. If you are going to use the fan, 160°C should be enough.
- Step 3 Line bottom of 28 cm springform pan with parchment paper, spread on some butter and sprinkle some cocoa powder on top of it.
- Step 4 Using a huge mixing bowl, beat 5 eggs, add 100g erythritol and continue beating on high speed untill it will be thick and fluffy. Then add melted butter and sour cream.
- Step 5 In another bowl, combine the almond flour, sesame flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Step 6 Add the flour mixture step by step to the batter.
- Step 7 Pour 1/3 of batter into the prepared pan and bake 170C around 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Step 8 If one layer is ready, flip it out of the sprinform, butter the form again, sprinkle with cocoa poder and add another 2/3 of the batter. After the thick layer is baked and cooled down completely, it is possible to devide it in half lenghtwise. Also it is possible to bake all three layers separately.
- Step 9 Cherry filling:
- Step 10 Defrost and roughly chop pitted sour cherries.
- Step 11 Boil the cherries with sweetener and liquer (if wanted) about 20 minutes on low heat.
- Step 12 Set aside to cool down.
- Step 13 Cream filling:
- Step 14 While the cakes are baking, beat the heavy cream, salt, sugar substitute and vanilla until the cream forms stiff peaks. Add lemon zest and dissolved gelatine and gently fold in sour cream.
- Step 15 Place first sponge cake layer on a cake stand and brush with 1/3 of the cherry syrup and chopped cherries. Cover with about 1/4 of the frosting. Repeat the same with remaining layers.
- Step 16 When all layers are done, cover the sides with remained frosting.
- Step 17 Refrigerate the cake for couple of hours or even better over night.
- Step 18 For chocolate decorations melt the chocolate on a low heat, spread desired shapes into a parchment paper and chocolate molds if you have any and let it harden in a cool place for a while.
- Step 19 Before serving decorate with fresh whipped cream (if you want), some berries, chocolate shavings to the sides and on top of the cake and sprinkle with gold dust.
NUTRITION (per 100g, one slice)
Energy 270 kcal
Total Fat 24g
Fat Percentage 79%
Net Carbohydrates 6g
* Add some MCT (or other) oil to the cream, if higher fat percentage is necessary.