Creamy vegan millet porridge with berries
April 1, 2019
: 5 min
: 10 min
: 15 min
- 50g millet (uncooked)
- 50g creamy coconut milk (i used Santa Maria Extra Creamy Coconut Milk)
- 100g plant-based milk (rice, almond, oeat etc)
- 250g water
- Salt and vanilla to taste.
- Honey, if desired
- 30g berries
- Step 1 If possible, soak the millet over night. Then the porridge will taste better and will cook faster.
- Step 2 Bring the millet and milk to the boil.
- Step 3 Cook on a low heat, stirring occasionally, for around 10 minutes or longer, if not soaked before. Add extra milk if needed, until it reaches your desired consistency. Season with salt and vanilla.
- Step 4 Serve with berries. I used wild strawberries but cherries are in my opinion the best combo with millet!