Tiger prawn keto curry with shirataki noodles and salad
January 16, 2019
: 20 min
: 10 min
: 30 min
- For the prawn marinade:
- Pinch of salt, freshly ground black pepper, cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 3 tiger prawns (about 20g each), peeled
For the curry sauce:
- 10g olive oil
- 10g onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp spices- turmeric, ground coriander, curry powder, smoked pepper powder, cumin powder etc
- 100g creamy coconut milk (i used Santa Maria Extra Creamy Coconut Milk)
- 30g tomato sauce
- Fresh coriander, chopped, for garnish
For the side:
- 20g shirataki noodles, drained
- 20g chinese cabbage, sliced
- 15g sweet pepper, sliced
- 10g olive oil for salad dressing
- Step 1 Mix the prawns with the marinade and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 Prepare the spices etc for the curry.
- Step 3 Heat the oil in frying pan, add onion, garlic and ginger, cook 2-3 minutes. Add coconut and tomato sauce and all the spices. Cook for couple of minutes and season more if necessary. When sauce is ready, add the prawns and cook for about 5 more minutes, until the prawns are ready.
- Step 4 Serve with drained shirataki noodles and chinese cabbage-sweet pepper salad.
NUTRITION (per portion, 280g)
Total Fat 41g
Fat Percentage 80%
Net Carbohydrates 8g