Grilled whole dorada with red cabbage salad
January 13, 2019
: 15 min
: 30 min
: 45 min
- 1 whole dorado (aroung 250-350g)
For the marinade:
- 70g olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1tsp sea salt
- Black pepper and thyme or rosemary to taste
For the salad:
- 40g red cabbage, shredded
- 20g sour cream or mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Pat dry all over with paper towels and inside the cavity. With a sharp knife, make 2 to 3 deep incisions along the body on each side..
- Step 2 Mix together the marinade- olive oil, pressed garlic clove, pepper and thyme or rosemary.
- Step 3 Rub the sea salt evenly all over the fish, into the incisions and cavity as well. Then rub in the marinade the same way.
- Step 4 Turn on the oven to 200C. Let the fish sit on the counter top and marinade at least 30minutes, if possible.
- Step 5 Grill the fish on upper reck with grill regime about 20 minutes (or an a grill),a until nice and crispy. white fish cooks so fast that it is not necessary to flip it over in the oven.
- Step 6 Transfer the fish to a platter and let it stand until you make the salad.
- Step 7 For the salad mix together shredded red cabbage and sour cream or mayonnaise and season it.
- Step 8 Drizzle some olive oil sauce from the pan to the fish, add salad aside and serve.
- Step 9 *Around 300g whole fish makes about 200g skin-off filet.
NUTRITION (per 100g fish and 60g salad)
Energy 322 kcal
Total Fat 27g
Fat Percentage 75%
Net Carbohydrates 3,5g
*Fat percentage can be adjusted by reducing or adding the amount of olive oil used