Hummus with raw seed crackers
April 1, 2019
: 20 min
: 20 min
: 40 min
- 50g chicpeas (uncooked)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime/lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium cloves garlic, smashed
- Salt, pepper and sweet pepper powder to taste
- Fresh corainder/parslet to garnish with
- * Sometimes i add grilled sweet pepper or some other veggies to the hummus. It gives beautiful colour and some extra taste.
- Step 1 If possible, use dry chickpeas, they taste better than canned ones. Soak the chickpeas over night, rinse and simmer on a low heat until tender. Do not throw the boiling water away, i add that to the hummus to lighten up the texture.
- Step 2 Put chickpeas, some boiling water or regular water, olive oil, cumin, salt, garlic and lemon juice to a food processor. Puree for couple of minutes, pausing halfway to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the hummus is smooth. If it seems too thick, add in asome more water. Puree until smooth.
- Step 3 Taste and season with additional salt, cumin, and/or lemon juice if needed.
- Step 4 Serve immediately, garnished with raw seed crackers (https://mylittleketo.com/keto-snacks/crunchy-keto-seed-crackers/), fresh vegetable chunks or some other desired toppings.
- Step 5 Store leftovers refrigerated for up to 3 days.